Alrighty, since lots of people have contacted me saying that they can’t download games from Platine Dispositif’s website, I’ve gone ahead and mirrored all of their demos and free games. This mirror is temporary, and I don’t know how long it will stay up (that depends primarily on how much downloading there is). If there’s too much demand and the mirror crashes, I’ll setup a torrent.
To Platine Dispositif: I’m doing this to help share your games with more people without putting a strain on your servers. If this is a problem, please contact me. In fact, please contact me even if this is not a problem, because I know at least one company who wants to sell your games outside of Japan.
Platine Dispositif: ã‚‚ã£ã¨å¤šãã®ã²ã¨ã«ã‚·ã‚§ã‚¢ãƒ¼ã™ã‚‹ãŸã‚ã«ã€ãªã‚‹ã¹ããã¡ã‚‰ã®ã‚µãƒ¼ãƒãƒ¼ã‚’è² æ‹…ã—ãªã„ã‚ˆã†ã«å‹æ‰‹ã«æµé€šã—ã¦ã—ã¾ã„ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚ã‚‚ã—å•é¡Œã§ã—ãŸã‚‰ã€ç§ã«é€£çµ¡ã‚’ä¸‹ã•ã„ã€‚ã„ã‚„ã€å•é¡Œã§ã‚‚ãªã„å ´åˆã«ã‚‚é€£çµ¡ã—ã¦ä¸‹ã•ã„ã€‚ãªãœãªã‚‰ã€ãã¡ã‚‰ã®ã‚½ãƒ•ãƒˆã®å¤–å›½æµé€šã‚’æ´åŠ©ã•ã›ã¦ã‚‚ã‚‰ã„ãŸã„ä¼šç¤¾ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚
(If the text above is grammatically incorrect, please let me know how to fix it. The friend I had translate it for me is used to translating from Japanese to English, not vice-versa.)
- Hitogata Happa is the best shmup ever made for the PC. This is the demo version, which includes the first two levels and the first four “dolls”. You probably already know how much I love it. Note: The game has some tricky “kamikaze” mechanics, and the first boss may seem impossible until you watch the demo play (just leave it sitting at the title screen for a while).
- Engage to Jabberwock is a full free game which I talked about here. It is an older game that they released for free just a few days ago on Valentine’s Day. The gameplay is like a giant single 2D Zelda dungeon with lots and lots of bullets. Remember to go into settings and change the control to keyboard if you don’t have a joystick.
- Chelsea: Bunny Must Die is a metroidvania that I talked about here. This is the demo version, and I’m not entirely sure how far it goes (I got stuck a ways into the demo, and I couldn’t really tell if that was supposed to be the end of the demo or if I was just doing something wrong). Remember that you can’t move right until you pick up the snowglobe with the gears in it.
- Royal Edoma Engine is an isometric shmup, a’la Viewpoint or Zaxxon. This is the demo version.
- Gundeadligne is a horizontally-scrolling shmup. This is the demo version.
- Dandelion: Starchild Journey is a shmup with very interesting mechanics played entirely with the mouse. Circle bullets Okami-style to turn them into stars, then pull back on the stars like you would in a pool or minigolf game to shoot them at enemies. This is the demo version.
- Starleaf YO is (I think) a simple, free shmup designed primarily to test an upgrade to Platine Dispositif’s proprietary game engine.
There you go, more wonderful doujin games than you can shake a stick at.
Update: I’ve setup a torrent that includes all of these files here. The torrent will be fairly flakey, though, because I don’t expect it to get very popular, and I’m not entirely sure of the best way to setup a permanent seed for it.